Thread: My dads 370
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTZZZZ View Post
Welcome Lil man!
Like you my dad had a Datsun 240 and like you
Falling in love with the car for life. Two kids of my own
And some 20years later I finally got my own! Do what I did and wash the paint
Off of it for your pops so he can't say no when you ask for the keys when you turn 16
Enjoy!
My uncle Steve had a red 240Z back when I was growing up - called it his "Z car" and would not let me near the driver's seat. At one point my brother and I were tossing a football around and hit the car and my uncle yelled at me for a good 10 minutes (my Dad eventually came to my defense). I remember thinking what a d*ck he was for freaking out on me. The other day I was leaving my neighborhood and kids playing catch threw a ball over the car as I was driving by. I got out and yelled at them and then immediately had a flashback to being a kid. Funny how that works.

Anyway, ever since seeing that 240, I have wanted to own one. The 350z didn't do much for me but when the 370 dropped I bought one. Now I'm on my 2nd Z in 3 years so yeah, I can relate.