View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
polarity
Base Member

Drives: [2009 370Z]
polarity is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
I will explain why the bose system is worse than the base system. Yes the bose has more speakers and a sub and all. But it also has what is called "sound processing circuitry" What this dose is looks at the signal of music and looks at what parts will distort the speakers and what parts it can not reproduce. Than what it dose is cuts them out of the signal than amplifies them and sends them to the speakers. So bose knows there speakers can not take a lot of power nor can there amps put a lot of power out. That is why the put this in ALL there merchandise form car audio to HT systems. So those subs in the bose system are not going to put out much of any base. In fact I have hear reports that the base models produces more bass than the bose system. This is the main reason why the base model is better than the bose. Not even upgrading the speakers will help the problem as the amp and processor will still do what they are doing. There are many other reasons as well.
I agree with this, somewhat. Big is the man here so I'd trust his word of anyones but after listening to both bose and base I have to say it depends on what you want/like. I got the bose system and I've been kicking myself ever since. In my opinion it is a nice upgrade from base, but honestly if I would have spent the same money in an aftermarket setup I would have 10x the sound setup I have now. If you just like to listen to music loud, that sounds decent, with an OK bass hit, then the bose will be fine for you. If you're a sound nut who really cares about SQ, save your money, get the base, and do an aftermarket install.

Edit: Forgot to mention that if you do get the bose with nav/bluetooth/etc you will end up paying MORE if you dont like it, since you can't upgrade single components on it. From what Big and the others here have told me, bose is an all or nothing deal. You replace one piece you replace them all.

-William
polarity is offline   Reply With Quote