View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma View Post
I see your spreading misinformation again.

Check your facts before spouting information that is not true

Shell 91 Octane has NO Ethanol in the premium blend and has no plans to change that in the near future. However a 94 Octane, ethanol blended premium fuel, may be in the future

It could be a answer to Petro-Can's Super 94. To date, I haven't found out much Ethanol is in PC's Super 94, but the search continues.
glad to hear shell doesn't want to change it to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma View Post
My little research showed that 5% ethanol gave 5% less gas mileage and 10% was 10% less mileage.

Worked out to 2.5 mpg on the Challenger on 91 octane fuel with 10% ethanol. Same price as Shell 91 and 10% better gas mileage........ no brainer for me which fuel to buy.
That's a crazy difference for gas mileage! though, it is a no brainer which gas to use in the Z! Since day one with my 40th(bought new 000015km on delivery F.O.B.!) it has only seen Shell 91 ethanol free gas I bet if I looked at all my receipts 90-95% of the time it was filed at the same shell