Thread: Elk steak today
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Skorch
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
Skorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond reputeSkorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Elk steak today

So this year was the first time I got to go elk hunting. In AZ we have a draw process since there are a lot more hunters than tags given out, and after putting in for elk tags for the past 3 years, I was finally drawn. I went with my friend from work, his brother and their friend who have all been hunting for years and know the area very well.

On the third day of the hunt, I spotted a herd moving through the trees and pointed it out to my partner. He opened fire first and missed, at which the herd wheeled around and started galloping the other way. I took my shot and hit my cow from 160 yards, going full sprint. It dropped right on the spot, but I had to shoot it again when I got there it to kill it. Needless to say I was ecstatic to have killed an elk on my first hunt.

Anyway, today I decided to share some of this elk with my best friend and his parents, so I'm marinating it in Italian dressing, wrapping it in bacon and searing it on the grill for about 6 minutes per side. Should be amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7577.jpg (789.2 KB, 27 views)