View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

I was too cheap to buy the PC, and I didn't want to wait for the damn thing...

Went to home depot and bought:
5 in. Random Orbit Sander-R2601 at The Home Depot

Has a backing plate PERFECT for the pads I use...
(Yes the OPM Orbits per minute is higher than most, BUT, the pitch of each orbit is smaller, and it doesn't do as many FULL rotations as the PC, so the speed is A-OK by me...

I use Meguiar's ONLY, I just like them... If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

IF your swirls are light, either use M205:
Amazon.com: Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish: Automotive

OR if you can't wait, go to your auto parts store and buy Ultra Polish:

Amazon.com: Meguiar's Ultimate Polish - 16 oz.: Automotive

and:

Meguiar's 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Finishing Pad : Amazon.com : Automotive

Then follow up with NXT wax, I use the NXT because since it's a synthetic polymer it acts as a sealant as well...

Or is your paint is deeply scuffed, go M105:

Meguiar's Ultra Cut Compound : Amazon.com : Automotive

if you can't wait for that you can use this from the same auto parts store:

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound : Amazon.com : Automotive

and this pad:

Amazon.com: Meguiar's 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Cutting Pad: Automotive

THEN follow it by the M205 and the NXT wax.

I KNOW the whole kit isn't cheap, but the M105 and 205 will last a REALLY long time, and you can use them for more than JUST your car... And again, I personally like the Dual action above because dual actions make it almost impossible to ruin your paint, and it is WAYYYYYYY harder with that one too.

Also, regarding the products (in order of harshness):
The professional products are thicker in consistency and make it a bit easier to really work into your paint.
M105:
you might think OH MY GOD, the M105 is called ULTRA CUT!!! I don't want to CUT my paint, it says its a 12 out of 12 for harshness!!!
It's not harsh...... I'll turn my orbital to 12k OPM with 105 and let it sit on my car... It's not going to ruin anything...
Ultimate Compound:
Is probably about a 6-8 on that scale
Ultimate Polish and M205:
About the same...

Make sure you clay bar your car before you do anything!

If you need any help or assistance or ANYTHING, or if you want me to send you a sample of the M105/205, send me a text or call me (310)eight nine three-4207

Cheers!
Andrew

EDIT: I have used the PC a handful of times, and its good, a little more ergonomic compared to the one I currently use, but under high speed camera, I still like mine more...
I use it for everything, take hard water spots off the glass in the showers, everything...

Last edited by DEpointfive0; 11-24-2012 at 05:50 PM.
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote