View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
3.7 ZPA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z 6MT
3.7 ZPA is on a distinguished road
Default The life and times of a silver Z

So, a bit over two months ago, I finally bought my first Z car. I've wanted one for a long time. My pops had a 300ZX back in the early to mid 90s, but I was a tad too young to drive. That didn't stop me from drooling over it.

When I was 16, I bought a 1990 Honda Civic 5 speed for 400 bucks. It had no tach and rust under the carriage, but it was my pride and joy. It looked rough, but it never gave me any mechanical problems and ran to over 230,000 miles, when I sold it to another young driver...and bought this:

Well, I very much enjoyed that car. It was quick for what it was, and handled pretty well. I pretty much drove that car into the ground. New York was not kind to it. By the time I traded it in, random parts would fall off of it while driving. So, on to my next car: a '94 Mustang Cobra, which I drove briefly then gave to my brother. Fun car, but had some issues that kept popping up every time I'd fix something else. Good learning experience though:

After that, I threw down some cash, and bought a 2009 Civic Si. No torque, but revved to 8k, and was a blast to drive:

Well, I found a deal on a 2008 350Z. I called the dealership the same morning I planned to head over there and check it out. Well, I got there after work and someone bought it already. I was pissed, but I found something even sexier, and drove home that night in it:

Z in the hooooood haha...

Yanks baby!!

I love black and white shots:

This car is going to stay with me for a while. I plan to mod it, but little by little. I've autocrossed it twice, and definitely need practice. I plan on painting it a different color at some point. A new shift knob is on its way, and I'm sure an intake(s) will be on it before too long. I've been reading this forums pretty much every day to learn everything I can, and have seen some great ideas.

Details: 2009 with 8500 miles on it at this point. 6MT Touring, without the Nav, which means I'll be buying a new head unit as well. Anyway, I'll be updating this as I continue to modify this thing.
3.7 ZPA is offline   Reply With Quote