View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #308 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I got pulled over for the first time in my Nismo. I've been here in Texas for almost 2 years now on a TDY deployment with the company I work for. So anyone that's been to Texas knows the police don't play around.

I was on a 4 lane highway headed home, 2 lanes for each direction. Speed limit is 70, I'm probably doing around 80, in 4th gear as I was passing someone. As I'm passing, a Sheriff goes by in the other lane headed the opposite direction. I didn't really think much of it, slowed down and got back into the slow lane. About a half a mile down the road I look in my mirror and I see flashing lights coming up on me FAST. I pretty much knew the deal so I just went ahead and pulled over and waited for him.

Once he saw my WA state plate he pretty much knew I was in the Army or affiliated with them, as Ft. Hood is just right down the road. When he saw the inside of my car he was like "what in the world are you doing to this car"... lol, inside completely stripped. Just let him know I was hopefully going to start tracking it when I get back home to WA. He then told me "well this isn't a race track", semi serious, semi laughing. He looked at my insurance info and ran my license and let me go.

Not having a front plate, and not having any resonators on my Ark exhaust, is the reason I believe he pulled me over. I don't think he clocked me, just assumed I was speeding. He did ask me if I knew why I was being pulled over and I did tell him that I was speeding a little bit.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.

Last edited by MJB; 11-24-2012 at 02:22 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote