Thread: Pressure washer
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
First of all, 1500PSI seems WAYYYYYY too high, maybe 150 is ok, 1500 should strip paint.
You probably know a lot more about this stuff than I do over all, there's still a lot that I'm learning about detailing. But from my experience 1500 - 2000psi is great for washing a car! ...
When I used a pressure washer was at work to clean trucks. IIRC, the washer was rated at 2000 psi. More than once we knocked a chip out of the paint and once removed about a 3"x6" chunk. But this was over 30 years ago and maybe paint is a lot better now. Or maybe it was all the dings a work truck receives that gave the water a place to "bite". Or maybe I was young and dumb and didn't know what I was doing. Anyway... you certainly seem to have more experience (and more recent experience) with cleaning cars than I, so I'll recommend that ppl take your advice and discount or ignore my previous post.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 11-24-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Inserted /QUOTE I removed with orig edit
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote