View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-370Z View Post
Sounds like plastic on plastic. The rattle is coming from the top of the window frame in the rear hatch. I can reach back while sitting in the driver seat and tap on the top of the window frame to recreate the rattle. It happens when certain low frequency bass comes out of the stereo or when driving over rough road surfaces. The dealer said they put some padded tape in the area but it clearly hasn't improved the issue.
I would remove the plastic trim around the hatch and see if by removing the top part of trim is causing it. Yea I know the dealer should be doing it since its under warranty and all but at least you could just narrow it down, it maybe something rubbing the inside of the trim

Here's a DiY on how to remove it but keep in mind if you have to remove the two 10mm bolts to pop it off, there is one bolt on each side once it pops off? The two side pieces as well as the center piece pop of also. Not a complicated thing to do just reverse the process when your all done. I hope it helps

DIY installation of genuine factory rear spoiler....
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote