Thread: 2013z
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
irondoc
Base Member

Drives: 13 370 6MT sport tou
irondoc is on a distinguished road
Default Pics or it didn't happen

See the new album for pics so far. Still need a shot with the window tint.
Just did the ROM dump for Stillen, hope to hear back soon. I do not expect them to have a turn key tune quickly, but hopefully before the new year.

My goal for this car is a superfast Z that looks completely stock (incognito) to the untrained eye, and is as comfortable and luxurious as possible. That is why I started with a Sport Touring edition.
I think this car is the best looking car on the road for under 120K - the only modern car that beats it for looks is the Aston Martin Vantage (IMO).
I also insist on a stick with a clutch - I simply cannot stomach an AT in anything other than an SUV. So my choices for starter stock were limited but with the 2013 Z as a palette I can get EXACTLY what I want for under 60K after all mods are completed.
The NISMO exhaust is an excellent compromise. The FI and Stillen exhausts are too loud to suit my incognito purposes. The NISMO exhaust sounds way better than stock, but is not so loud as to draw unwanted attention. This car is for me - not for the onlookers.
The audio mods will go in next week - likely to take an entire week to have the custom fiberglass box made in the rear to house the sub and amps. Going with Blues Audio BL 6.5 in front with linear power 250 watt x2 amp. RF punch 8" rear sub and amp. AudioControl DQXS 6 channel equalizer. I am looking for audiophile precision - not loudness or thump with this system. I will decide whether to do the rear deck speakers after this install is complete.
irondoc is offline   Reply With Quote