Thread: Pressure washer
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DEpointfive0;2015322]First of all, 1500PSI seems WAYYYYYY too high, maybe 150 is ok, 1500 should strip paint.

You probably know a lot more about this stuff than I do over all, there's still a lot that I'm learning about detailing. But from my experience 1500 - 2000psi is great for washing a car! Now if you were to put it on a concentrated jet and 6" from the car panel, then yes it could definitely strip the paint. A 20 degree fan attachment on my dad's 4000psi pressure washer was what we used to get all the paint off of his old camper so that we could repaint it, and even THAT took some time. To put it in perspective, the self wash places that have the pressure washer handles that shoot the soap and the wax and all that are around 2000 - 2500psi usually, and that doesn't strip the paint. Hell, it doesn't even damage my Plastidip. So as long as you keep the wand 2 or 3 feet away and use the proper fan tip, I think you should be fine
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote