View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
kdo2milger
OG Priesthood

Drives: NISMO T
kdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_alabama View Post
base 6speed manual.......
with just splash guards, mats, trunkmat, destination of $720

base msrp of 29930 with all this puts sticker at 31,080.

I had a trade in car which I was getting $7,000 for...which is the full value of my tradein, which I was very pleased with.

However,

I wasnt that educated in "dealing" with dealerships. so I spoke to a family friend, and he told me about the whole invoice issue, which took me off guard.....but now I know.

I didnt sign anything....but essentially I was told:

$31,080 (sticker)
- 7,000 (tradein)
-----------------
$24,080 (tradein value)

Invoice of: $28,043
minus $24,080
-------------------
$3,943 - what I'm actually getting for my car.

When I found this out a few hours after I authorized them to do a credit check, by giving them my social.....I double taked everything, and decided not to do this.

In the state I live in (my username gives it away), I have a right to rescind in 3 days, and I'll probably end up exercising this right, unless I can stretch out how much guys? Think I can squeeze anything more out of them given the info I now know?
rescind...invoice or nothin