View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #795 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of
Default Update on price and revised part #5

Added my comment from a linked similiar new thread.

ok...I checked with my dealer and the weight is for throw weight on closing the hatch, remember there is hatch shock that has resistance and the weight is to close the hatch with some weight behind. Funny they said "also maybe for petite woman".

So there you have it...it's like a pendulum weight to assist with closing the hatch. If you guys are not noticing any additional force required to close the hatch after removing the weight...that's odd then.

One additional note and VERY IMPORTANT, the part is NOT covered after the 3 yr 36k mile warranty runs out. They have revised the part 5 times, as currently for ALL year models they are on part rev "E". And here is the kicker, they are bending us over big time for this non warranty part for a mere $37.77 per spring. Yup...can you say bend me over !

The bros Z 2009 with 42k and out of warranty was replaced under warranty. They are family with us and I applaud them. So go with the mod mentioned on this thread or the penny mod. But $37.77 per spring is outrageous.

Part # 84415-1EA2E Spring-Lift
List price: $37.77 each
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote