View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stino
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport
Stino is on a distinguished road
Default Amazing Mirror Like Shine - Wash, Clay, Polish then Wax.

Hey fellow Z owners!

With a week off from work for the holiday, I decided to (over a three day span) to wash, clay, and polish then wax my Z. I finished this afternoon and was so amazed with the results I thought it would be helpful to some members to share the steps I performed to get these results.

I didn't rush, nor did I complete this detail in one day. I believe not rushing to get this done in one-day was a key factor in the results I received.

1 ½ HRS - On the first day (PM) I wash and dried my car thoroughly. I usually wash my car when the Sun goes down. I do this because I don't like the soap and/or hard water drying on a section of the car when washing another. I personally find washing my car at night (without Sun baking) delivers better results IMHO. I also use the Absorber Synthetic Drying Chamois and my air compressor to blow all the water from the cracks and crevices of the car. Trust me there wasn’t a drop of water left on the car when I was done.

Garaged covered.

2 ½ HRS - On the second day (AM) I taped off all black trim & lights using 3M painters tape. I then used Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Detailing Clay to remove the contaminants in the paint. My Z is a weekend driver and mostly garage & covered, and despite of that, I was surprise with how much contaminants the clay bar removed. I couldn’t believe how much smoother my car finish felt after using the clay bar. This was only the first step and I was impressed.

2 ½ HRS - Second day (PM) I polished my Z using Meguiar’s Show Car Glaze polish using the Shurhold Dual Action Polisher. I added the final touch by using the Brite Bonnet Final Polish Pad powered by the dual action polisher. Let me just say … this dual action polisher is awesome!

Covered.

2 HRS - Third day in the morning, I waxed my Z using Meguiar’s Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (with premium yellow Carnauba) using the Dual Action Polisher. And for the final time, I used the Brite Bonnet Final Polish Pad once again on the entire car.

It was time well spent while the wife and kids were at work and school. The pictures really don’t do it justice; it looks so much better in person. I hope anyone reading this finds it helpful. Enjoy!

Drive Hard but Safe!

10 370Z Sport|Berk CBE & HFC|NISMO R-TUNE CAI|Z1 Oil & PS Coolers|Mishimoto Radiator|UpRev|Nismo S-Tune|SEIBON Spoiler|Eibach Sways, Springs, Spacers|SPC Camber|RJM Clutch Pedal|Enkei Wheels|StopTech Rotors & Pads|SS Brake/Clutch Lines|Alpine W900BT, PDX5, Rear Camera, Boston SR60, S35 & 10" G3 Sub|3M Ceramic Tint
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote