View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
03threefiftyz
Track Member

Drives: 03 350z 6mt
03threefiftyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
No way no how will 370Z ever be competitive at a National level with well developed blown 4 cylinders in ASP. My 370 wasnt competitive with EVO's until I put supercharger on it. Essentially left my car in SP trim and put a blower on it to see if it was mostly power issue. It was. I went from being a second or two off all local EVO's in ASP to being even and beating them. Then there are old vettes in SP.

Its big reason Im going onto XP. At least with XP I'll have a car capable of being TTOD occasionally at local level and I'd rather be two seconds off top XP car than two seconds off a fairly stock looking EVO in ASP. I hate getting beat by EVOs regardless of class. So I built an EVO beater!

Id agree stay in CS with a base 370Z or BS in Nismo and your going to have best luck. Everything else we are screwed with SCCA
With all due respect, I somewhat disagree. I think he can do reasonable (bottom of the trophies) well in ASP, if he is willing to build an absolute rule book car. I do not think a 370z is going to be beat berry, grice, or miller.
03threefiftyz is offline   Reply With Quote