View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
hey everyone, so just looking for a little help her in case anyone know, but i've been searching and scouring the internet for the last hour or so trying to find out exactly how many quarts are in one of redlines gallon containers. i found a place that sells the redline by the gallon and was thinking about picking up one for my Z for its next oil change, but i cant figure out if just one of there gallon containers is going to be enough or if i should buy an extra quart, only reason im asking is cause i know that brands like Mobil 1 and such sell these gallon containers also, but actually contain a little over a gallon making the equivalent of about 5 and 3/8 quart. figured if this was also true for the redline gallon containers we could all save some money on redline for our Z's as the website i found is selling a gallon container of redline for about $44 compared to the $60+ to buy it by the quart. thanks anyone for any and all information you can provide and sorry if there was a bit much to read
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
i know 4 quarts equals a gallon guys, what i was asking is redlines gallon jug similar to mobil 1's gallon jug where there is actually 1.38 gallons or about 5 and 3/8 of a quart in one container.
So, Redline sells oil as a GALLON, 4 qts...
Mobil 1 sells 5 QUART Jugs (One website I found said 5.1 qts)
MOTUL sells 5 LITERS, equal to 5.283 quarts

And the 370Z requires 5 and 1/8 quarts = 5.125, not 5 and 3/8th quarts
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote