View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #161 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
That's a good point, but from a consumer (mine) standpoint it sucks. Because what they are doing tune-wise at Z1, benefits me about none in South Florida, or almost anywhere that isn't within a reasonable driving distance.

Sure, there are always email tunes (and I am a huge fan of those), but you'll find most people don't like going that route. So if a shop 600-1000 miles away from Z1 offers tuning that is comparable, I don't see that taking a huge chunk (if any) of their customer base as the majority of the people they tune will be "local" to them.

Coming from a WRX, the idea of people not sharing setups or tuning information on this forum and other Z sites was a hard pill for me to swallow. You can log on to any WRX/STI forum right now, post your map/logs and have professional/knowledgeable tuners offer advice how how and where to clean it up. Make the change, log it and upload your results and the same people will have absolutely NO problems offering their help.
There's no real secert to this. Forget all the VVEL talk. It's was just talk. The headers themselves make most of the raw HP. But like any other tune there is a little more that can be brought out.