View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #160 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I would suggest you call Z1 and talk to Jon directly. I can't say for sure, but I know if I was the tuner, I wouldn't post what I had done for public consumption. There are too many shops that steal and copy other peoples actual products and certainly intellectual property too.
That's a good point, but from a consumer (mine) standpoint it sucks. Because what they are doing tune-wise at Z1, benefits me about none in South Florida, or almost anywhere that isn't within a reasonable driving distance.

Sure, there are always email tunes (and I am a huge fan of those), but you'll find most people don't like going that route. So if a shop 600-1000 miles away from Z1 offers tuning that is comparable, I don't see that taking a huge chunk (if any) of their customer base as the majority of the people they tune will be "local" to them.

Coming from a WRX, the idea of people not sharing setups or tuning information on this forum and other Z sites was a hard pill for me to swallow. You can log on to any WRX/STI forum right now, post your map/logs and have professional/knowledgeable tuners offer advice how how and where to clean it up. Make the change, log it and upload your results and the same people will have absolutely NO problems offering their help.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote