View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Under hard acceleration and under boost, I hear a brief ratcheting or clacking noise in the engine or drivetrain when I abruptly take my foot off the pedal. I can easily reproduce this when I accelerate hard to about 4-5k RPM and quickly take my foot off the pedal.

It is similar to the brief clacking noise heard on some of the VQ37s on an engine start, which I also hear sometimes.
Since you have boost, I assume you have tweaked the fuel injection. My first guess is that you are not stopping fuel flow fast enough, you're getting unburnt fuel into the exhaust system, and you are hearing muffled explosions. But that's just a guess.