View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, I just messaged my tech and he's wondering if something's wrong with the rear mounts (misalignment?).

From stand still, if I go into reverse I feather the clutch and there's severe juddering. It is quite violent, and I can hear loud clunking noise behind me. Then it feels like the clutch is repeatedly slapping against the flywheel or pressure plate. I'll depress the clutch and feather back out and most of the time it goes away. It doesn't matter how hot or cold.

If I get in 1st, it's pretty rare for it to judder this badly. If anything, it judders a tiny bit as I feather the clutch a bit to get the car going.

I have a habit of engaging at low revs... around 1-1.5k RPM, but if I try to do it at higher revs or give it more throttle the juddering gets real bad.

A quick research shows owners who have it bad in 1st and Reverse, but mine is only bad going in reverse. A few times I felt this juddering issue when I tried to get the car going with the parking brake engaged by accident.

Also, I did have the new transmission put in a few months ago. Perhaps it might be some sort of misalignment or loose mounts? When driving or rocking the car back and forth I can hear a bit clunking behind me. It sounds like a bad shock tower, but I don't think it's bad.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 11-20-2012 at 12:24 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote