View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopGal View Post
Of late, auto transmissions sure have been refined, particularly on sporty cars and mid to high end cars. As for performance, most autos can run with or even surpass the manual transmissions. After all, it is hard to beat a computer. Modern autos tend to be more durable than manuals and the power loss for the auto is negligible. The 6AT w/paddles on my IS350 is GREAT.

Granted, shifting with the 6MT is fun, but it can be a bit tedious day in and day out. Thanks for sharing your 7AT experience!

Knowing that the sport package comes with the LSD regardless of the transmission choice, the 7AT is certainly a good choice.
Yeah, the 7AT in the 370z blew my mind. I didn't think and Auto could be so "authorative"

As for durability - sorry, I can't agree with you there. Manuals are known for being rock solid - I mean what's better than metal gears turning against metal gears, vs hydralic valves and such that wear out?

Now, a clutch vs a torque converter, the TC will outlast any clutch, I know that...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote