View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #97 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
When I get mine CF'd I was gonna get the bottom part painted matte black to make it disappear too. That was my solution to that, and I'd do the same thing to one of those.
That will look nice!

The part of the knob that mounts to the shifter stalk tucks inside the boot, so it doesn't look like something's missing from it, although a black ring would certainly make for a nice finisher.

I'll take better pics later in the week, as well as some with the shifter all the way over into the M section.

Bit of a slow down getting the GT-R button finished -- some further sanding to smooth it out is needed, and my first painting attempt didn't come out all that well.

I think once I get the little details sorted, it should look pretty good. Trying to paint it a nice satin slilver, but if it looks terrible, I'll just paint the button and lower knob bezel black (probably body matched MB).

That said -- the M45 knob is really growing on me, and may just be the winner. If so, I'll probably sell off the modified GT-R knob.