View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #230 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowlzr33 View Post
so i got the car towed back home today i wasnt about to have it towed to the stealership, i planned on fixing it myself. as soon as the tow truck left i figured id mess around with the assembly a lil bit. since it was already broke, i took the back side of my monkey wrench to that pos. and hit it harder just thinking about how i was going to have to pay about $600 bucks to replace it. guess that did the trick the car unlocked and started too because i was pushing the start button very fast. kept the car running and went to pull the fuse BUT IT WAS ALREADY GONE!

anyway i could always hear the steering lock working when i got in and out of the car so to make sure i disabled it, i cut the brown wire as suggested in one of the forums. no more noise of the lock when im getting in and out of the car and it shuts of and starts fine.

so i still need to get a back up steering lock JUST IN CASE. but thank god i got that thing to unlock one more time so i could disable it. im still not wanting to take the car far away from home for a while just to make sure its good to go. any questions just send a PM.
For real the fuse was already gone? First time I think I have seen that on any of the threads, that is just f#cked up! I hope everything keeps working for you! With the wire cut there should be no more issues, just listen to see if you hear the noise for the next few starts and shut offs as long as you don't hear it then I wouldn't worry about it any more......... GL and hope it stays off!