View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #176 (permalink)
polarity
Base Member

Drives: [2009 370Z]
polarity is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
Thanks. that helps. I believe my score is not that good hence the interest. It is clear that they make a killing off the interest which is why they were so happy to move so fast. My last email with the dealer was on Monday. I told them my wife wanted a payment of $400 and they are talking $544. I told them she was willing to compromise if they would and might go up to $500. They wrote back and said no-can-do on a 35K car and would I like to look at an altima coupe? I did not respond. The hard part of this is waiting. My youngest brother, the one who worked for a dealer, says I cannot send anymore emails, don't visit, and sit tight for a month. He believes if the car is unsold in 30 days, they will contact me and make a better deal. One maybe stupid question. I bought 2 cars from this dealer over the last 3 years. Shouldn't that can't for something? I guess not. Last dumb question, I take my cars in for service and have noticed a constant turn-over in sales people. They seem to last 6 months or less and that is it. What does that indicate?

I contacted Fusz and Lee's Summit Nissan (almost across the street from where I work) and they are supposed to send me an "instant quote."
While I haven't had the pleasure of doing business with Fusz, I have seen him on this site alot. If you check up on his posts you'll find that more often than not he is giving someone an honest and fair opinion, even when it comes to pricing. He has never made the "I'll match any deal comment" but I have seen him post on several guys looking for cars letting them know if he can offer better.

It's been my experience in the past that buying from an enthusiast rather than a salesman makes a HUGE difference. While he is a business man and has to make money, he also loves these cars and the community. He is going to give you a more honest opinion on what you're buying and what things you might regret not buying with the car so in the long run you end up with a car you will be happy with long term.

I found this site a little to late, I had a job making really good money in the oil business, my credit was over 750 (but I'm younger so that hurt me), I didn't know about getting proper pricing or negotiating rates. I ended up paying $42k for my 370 touring w/sport navi/etc. I think I bought everything but the mud flaps (I even got the extra carpet mat for the trunk), I got ripped on rates (9%). And in the end I love my car, but wished I was smarter in how I went about buying it.

Although it looks like you already are, learn from people here and get yourself the best car for the best money you can, it's a buyers market out there right now and you set the terms. They don't want to give you the car you're looking for at the right price, that's fine there are 30 dealerships within 4 hours drive that are dying to sell a car. Looking back I should have gotten that car cheaper and with 4% instead of 9. My final piece of advise is when you do get that car POST SOME PICS FOR US!.

-William
polarity is offline   Reply With Quote