View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

here's two different ways to fix it!

http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...=steering+lock

Steering Lock: cut one wire. /switch optional

That last link also has the harness available from the car kit company (bdl99 is the user on here that runs it) I went this route with the harness, opposed to the wire cutting or fuse pulling method. As an electrician I can't just cut the wire, and the fuse pulling just doesn't seem to be to good either. Fuse as used in design and are there for a reason, despite what the others have said I just couldn't do it so I went with the harness..... just my opinion though all ways work and have had many people on this forum all report back their findings so you can be rest assured that these will work and solve that dreaded steering lock issue! GL and enjoy the Z if you buy one!

Linked it here again lol, just check the last page/pages for the info on the harness
Steering Lock: cut one wire. /switch optional