View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I don't know why you talk like people choose to drive their Z in the winter because we can't afford another car. Has it occurred to you that some people just want to drive it and don't care about anything else? My Z lived in the garage for three years, it was recently pushed out because my wife's beater is simply worth more (25K vs 50K) . Plus after all the years of not driving my car through the winter, I am just going to bite the bullet and enjoy the car.

Oh yeah, the Z was designed partly as a performance machine. Since cars get dirty at the track, are you going to tell people not to go to the track?
I am not saying that, I am saying that if they care a little more for it they will get much more (life) out of the car, if they plan to keep it long term. But all the power to you drive your Z, I want to drive mine everyday but CHOOSE not to so it stays in better shape and out of harms way. Enjoy driving it

As for the track, hell no!(the track doesn't get it that dirty, I don't consider bug guts an issue) Go to the track I don't care if my car gets dirty I drive it on rain days ect....just means I get to clean it and probably put another coat of wax on it.... just not on gravel/dirt roads they tend to be less maintained if maintained at all up here! The point of the car is to drive it but up here in Canada most of us put our "summer"(sport cars) away for the winter. With the car being lowered I would be plowing the snow if we got a good snow storm.