View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
Im checking my oil once a week (500 miles a week commute) and it would normally only burn off 1/8 in from top mark on the dip stick. I had checked my oil after installing the exhaust and it looked a little bit lower than normal. After installing it this last saturday I checked it yesterday and that was when I noticed that it was half way between H and L. I know bolt on parts wont' cause a engine to burn more oil. But it does release a lot of back pressure causing more vaccum in the engine, that does sound correct doesn't it?
not meaning to be rude, but from day one my oil has always been at the halfway point between H and L and has never been higher or lower than that and i believe the very same thing was talked about in another thread as to where the oil should be at on the dipstick.

P.S.

i bought my Z brand new with only 5 miles on it from the factory.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote