View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbelot View Post
Thanks for the replies, it was the module went bad and for 1100 bucks they will fix it, guess it could have been worse I could have been gone on a trip somewhere, thinking I may just trade doubt that I would ever trust the car again, a 45000 dollar car should start. I'm a very unhappy nissan owner at the moment.
After you get the SLU replaced, pull the fuse. I posted Links to posts about Steering Wheel Lock where you can find more info on the problem and at least three solutions (remove fuse, buy harness extension, or clip a wire).

I went with fuse removal - it's an easy job that only requires a tool to remove the plastic pop-rivets (eg, small flat-blade screwdriver) and something to extract the fuse (fingers, needle-nose pliers, hemostats, &c). As far as I can tell, there has only been one reported problem (passenger air bag/child seat may not work properly) and one idiosyncrasy (slight delay from pushing start button until crank (doesn't happen all the time and delay is short)) reported with the fuse removal method. I removed my fuse a week or so ago and haven't experienced any problems (but I don't have need for a child's seat).

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 11-18-2012 at 11:39 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote