View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
NYBladeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Lotus Exige S
NYBladeZ has a spectacular aura aboutNYBladeZ has a spectacular aura about

I consider the GTR to be a very fast car but you seem to be looking for a great "driving experience" and I don't think the GTR fits that need. I car is blazing fast but it does so with as minimal driver involvement as possible. If you want more than speed then I don't think the GTR is for you.

I'm in the same boat as you, the driving experience and fun factor are the biggest factors when I buy a car. For that reason alone I prefer my "fun car" not to be paddle shift because it is far less engaging that a traditional manual gearbox. For 3 years the Z satisfied my fun factor hunger, I drove a 1M on numerous occasions and while it was built better than my Z it wasn't much more fun although it was faster.

The funnest car I've driven is my current ride, but I put the Honda s2k high up there as well. I guess it comes down to this, do you want to have a fast car or be a thrilled and quality driver.