View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #433 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottIN View Post
I was behind a GTO 5.7 yesterday at a left turn light. He was sitting in front of me revving & jumping it. I was 2 miles away from the dealership & just got my oil changed, so no way I was going to get on it before I made sure everything was ok.

So the light turns & he guns it. Gets about halfway through the intersection and realizes he's way too fast to make the turn. Slams on the brakes & goes sideways in the gravel, off the brakes, car catches & is now going to the right instead of the left. Comes to a stop & tries to flip it around 180* (y'know...cause that's how they do it in the movies). Car won't break the *** end loose and now he's in a big arc, off the road, onto the shoulder - but at least headed the right direction. Finally gets back on the road and continues on.

All this time I'm sitting about 1/4 of the way through the intersection watching this extreme lesson in how to drive like an idiot. And all the people sitting waiting to go the other direction are watching it too (4 lane divided highway). I'm guessin' he was glad he had tinted windows. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

I'm soooo glad he schooled me in how great his car (and his driving) are...