View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #814 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Great job Nick; I like the look of your car. One thing though, it looks like from the video that the edges around the fang area didn't end up with a clean edge.

That's where I am struggling with trying to paint that area. I've watched all the videos and undertand why it breaks away clean on emblems, lights, door handles, and anything with a defined edge.

However, there is no defined edge for the fang area,so you have to rely on a clean tape edge. I've yet to hear how you can remove the tape cleanly after applying four coats without the edges being ragged if you are going to let it dry between coats like is recommended.

I can't see any other way for getting a clean edge that to run an exacto knife or razor blade along the tape line before removing the tape.

Am I missing something here, or just over-analyzing the whole thing?
You're supposed to peel of the tape while the plasti dip is still wet to get a clean edge with tape. Spray one heavy coat and peel off the tape before it dries.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote