View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #813 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
Do it.

Its the easiest mod- Takes $5 and 15 minutes of time
Great job Nick; I like the look of your car. One thing though, it looks like from the video that the edges around the fang area didn't end up with a clean edge.

That's where I am struggling with trying to paint that area. I've watched all the videos and undertand why it breaks away clean on emblems, lights, door handles, and anything with a defined edge.

However, there is no defined edge for the fang area,so you have to rely on a clean tape edge. I've yet to hear how you can remove the tape cleanly after applying four coats without the edges being ragged if you are going to let it dry between coats like is recommended.

I can't see any other way for getting a clean edge that to run an exacto knife or razor blade along the tape line before removing the tape.

Am I missing something here, or just over-analyzing the whole thing?
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote