View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZBro16
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Z.
ZBro16 will become famous soon enoughZBro16 will become famous soon enough
Default I knew this would happen.

I have a 40th 370 and have had it for about a year. I love it to death. I have wanted a Z car since I was a kid and I wanted a 370 since the first teasers of it back when I was still in college. I have gone through several cars to get here and I finally have what I have always wanted - an awesome Z.

The prior owner neglected the car a bit. There are a good few rock chips and the goon used a heat gun to get the dealer tag off the back bumper, which left a scar below the 40th logo all the way down to the plastic. I have a goofy Nismo emblem covering that up for now, but I eventually need to have the front bumper replaced (drilled license plate holes suck and improper protection of the contact areas of the plate bracket suck worse) and the rear bumper repainted to get her back to better shape. Also, the side skirts are rough and probably need replacing/repainting. There is lots of debris that was kicked up onto the side of it.

All of this led to me getting a fantastic deal on this car since last year. I have made her look much better than she did when I bought her, but I still have a long way to go. She isn't a daily driver for me so she will stay in good shape for the most part.

Alas, my car ADHD has caught me, and I started doing a serious cost analysis that, if followed, will implement a 2 year action plan that will end in the purchase of a GT-R.

I want one. I have always wanted a Skyline but for obvious reasons never got one and I had previously written off the GT-R as completely unrealistic as far as attainability but life has changed in the last several years for me as it did in the time I bought my Altima in light of not seeing the 370Z as attainable.

I guess what I'm concerned with is... do I really want the car for me or do I want it because none of my other friends have one? Do I want a powerful fast car that can be had with throwing a GTM TT kit on my Z instead of buying a GT-R? Do I want it because some of my friends have told me that I just cannot do it? (that is enticing in itself - I kinda enjoy proving people wrong. lol)

I'm taxably single and have a relatively inexpensive house. I don't do much else aside from play with cars. I'm wondering if I'm just being impatient with the progress of my Z build and just wanting to jump ahead to a car that already has what I want to put into the Z without having to do much else to it.

There are a few guys around here that started in 370s and went to GT-Rs. Any opinions? Is the GT-R more/less fun to drive being it almost does everything for you? I have always enjoyed MT over AT. I have never driven a car the caliber of a GT-R short of a couple Vettes, but those were all MT. I have never driven a high end AT with paddles.

Should I just keep my 40th and clean her up nice and throw a TT in? Should I sell her off and get a GT-R in 18-24 months?

Don't know why this has come about all of a sudden. For some reason I just want to figure this out. lol
ZBro16 is offline   Reply With Quote