View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Girl 12 View Post
Bldg636, I am excited about your modding progress. Enjoy every moment!!! On another note, not trying to thread jack but since it was mentioned:

DEpointIV, I thought it was totally in my mind that I lost initial/low end torque when I installed my intakes and cbe. Now I see that it is not, why the loss in low end torque? And is there anyway to balance it out or get it back without turbos/sc and leaving the mods. I'm just curious, I miss it. Is it possible to have the best of both worlds without FI? I definitely see the difference once I climb higher into the RPM band but I miss the low end torque for around town driving. Thanks for any info you provide!
Not really... You can go from a Stillen G3 intake to shorter intakes for a peppier response, but your gains will be a lot less overall because you now have a WAI/HAI (warm air intake/hot air intake)
If you want to feel lower end, or responsiveness, under drive crank pulley... I have the Stillen because I WANTED the 20%... And it's great! And technically you should gain a gain across the WHOLE RPM range.

You CAN also get the Motordyne intake plenum, now it will rob you of a few, 2-5hp above like 5500-6000RPM, but you'll gain a lot midrange, +10hp/torque

By the way, if you didn't disconnect the battery when you installed your intakes it's very possible your ECU isn't adjusting for the mod as well as it SHOULD... If your car is used to a set of perimeters it takes much longer for it to adjust than if you reset the ECU. (The only "quick" changes your ECU makes is to pull timing when you're overheating, and pulling timing if you're getting engine knock from crap gas, still takes a while to go back to advancing the timing for your high quality gas)
If you're going to try a reset your ECU, please make sure to disconnect the Negative!

I'm glad I could be of some help or insight, and man oh man I feel like a car geek for the essay I typed on my phone, LOL! Just trying to help out the community!!!
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote