View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Z-Girl 12
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Spirited
Z-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Girl 12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Depends if you're going turbo or supercharged.

If you're going turbo, have Tony at FI make you a 3" exhaust, while you're N/A you'll "make less power" than if you had a 2.5" diameter exhaust.
It depends if you believe a N/A needs back pressure or not.
Generally, the more you open the pipes whether it's intake or exhaust you lose a bit of low end torque and HP and gain it back on the top end.

If you go turbo don't buy cats, because I believe most turbo kits are text pipe or straight pipe set ups, I could be wrong, don't quote me.
But for supercharger you CAN use HFCs, you just have to realize you're putting more stress on them, they will get MUCH hotter and will probably break at one point causing a world of other problems...

Stillen does do Supercharger installs with their 2.5" piped standard exhaust, but I'd feel more comfortable with a 3" if I were you

Don't buy an intake, Motordyne intake manifold, underdrive OR lightweight pulley, and don't buy headers, they'll all have to be taken off and not reused in any way (you COULD use the Motordyne, but if you're going FI, the $500 you spend isn't worth the minimal HP it MIGHT give once you're hooked up. Same with headers if you go supercharged, the money and hassle isn't worth the HP you MIGHT gain)
Bldg636, I am excited about your modding progress. Enjoy every moment!!! On another note, not trying to thread jack but since it was mentioned:

DEpointIV, I thought it was totally in my mind that I lost initial/low end torque when I installed my intakes and cbe. Now I see that it is not, why the loss in low end torque? And is there anyway to balance it out or get it back without turbos/sc and leaving the mods. I'm just curious, I miss it. Is it possible to have the best of both worlds without FI? I definitely see the difference once I climb higher into the RPM band but I miss the low end torque for around town driving. Thanks for any info you provide!
2014 Nismo #565 Fast Intentions CBE/HFC/Swift/SPC/RJM/H&R-15/20mm/Z1 CAI/Headers/Intake Manifold w/Uprev Tune 328.31whp/263.64tq
Z-Girl 12 is offline   Reply With Quote