View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
This is not true at all.

The dual 2.5" F.I exhaust will be just fine with a properly flowing turbo system. I have customers making over 650+whp with dual 2.5" exhaust systems (350z single turbo), and there is still room for more. The test mule for the twin scroll kit made 550whp with no sighn of slowing down.

Dyno graphs and videos are here:

Boosted Performance single turbo results

There is a big misconception here (forced indction section) about exhaust sizing and the ability of a free flowing 2.5" dual exhaust system to make power.

I am confidend that a 6766 T4 1.32 a/r twin scroll turbo kit will make close to 700whp (or deep in to the 600's) with a proper build and a dual 2.5" exhaust system.
I was not saying it is impossible to use a 2.5" exhaust and make more power, I was saying you probably need to. There are multiple cars on this forum who made 470-490whp with a 2.5" exhaust and upgrading helped free up HP & TQ. Besides that it is not all about HP/TQ when adding this much power to the car. You must consider heat exchange, flow rates of the turbines v exhaust gases, and more. Can it be done with 2.5" sure, but it clearly has been shown on the Z34 platform with a good 2.5" v 3.0" exhaust that the 3.0" is clearly a better choice. Now if you build a full system from front to back around 2.5" and make great power, congrats.

Also, I don't think there is a misconception on this forum. I think it comes from the education of many known people here who have done larger builds on other platforms and VQ motors that show & say a 3.0" exhaust will be more beneficial all around.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote