View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Useful info and something I'm well aware of too. The tirerack test is pointless. If you're driving in snow then you must have snow tires. Unfortunately I think many are led to believe that all seasons will work in snow. They should be called 3 seasons not all seasons.
Where I live it rains a lot and winters are usually around 5C or less but no snow or very little. This is where all seasons work, with grip at lower temperatures than summer tires and some ability to deal with wet to icy conditions. In the warmer and all too short summer, they are again a compromise to summer tires but still offer decent grip.
I wouldn't bother with snow tires on the Z. If it actually does snow I'll be parking it. There's too many yahoos out there with all seasons waiting to run into me.
Below 7 or 5c all season and summer's do not provide very much lateral grip if at all. Sliding is bad. Optimally you should have summers and winters. Its your car and your call. Braking action alone is worth the change. Good luck!

In Germany if you play the game you are, and you are in an accident, your fault or not, your insurance coverage can be denied. This because the science and empirical data behind this are not in any dispute. All seasons are literally laughed at here. The graph from the other thread I posted is the proof.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote