View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #33 (permalink)
OMGiGOTaZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 12 370Z Auto Sport
OMGiGOTaZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
Currently own a 2010 Camaro 2SS 6MT and 2010 370z NISMO. Previous car was a 09 370z touring sport 6MT (RIP).

As an owner of both cars I can say they both have pros and cons to each other and really it just comes down to preference. Is the Z fit and finish better than the Camaro? Yes. Is it a huge difference? Definitely not. I never once in almost 3yrs thought "damn, I really wish this dash board felt softer" or "I wish the leather was more supple." I mean maybe it's me but I buy sports cars to enjoy their performance, not the interior. Don't get me wrong, I don't want some POS interior but the Camaro interior is just fine for my needs. Then again you are talking to a guy who doesn't think the Vette interior is as big a deal as others proclaim. I drive cars more for their performance than how soft the soft touch materials are. I mean hell, I still hop in my 1977 280z that literally has a worn 30+ year old seat and only one working radio speaker and I could care less. Interior was the last thing on my list when I first bought my 280z which is why to this day the exterior looks great with bright yellow paint, the motor runs perfect with a great sounding exhaust, and it runs 1.5 secs faster than stock. Yet the interior hasn't been touched.

Lastly I'll add this, in nearly 3 years ownership of the Camaro not a single problem, squeak, or rattle. Could the car be better, sure it could. Then again, so could the Z.
I see you noted no problems with the Camaro, what about the Z?