Thread: Pressure washer
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is my entire suggestion:

First of all, 1500PSI seems WAYYYYYY too high, maybe 150 is ok, 1500 should strip paint.

And as for the foam gun, I have this:

Amazon.com: Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer: Patio, Lawn & Garden

It ain't cheap, but it isn't going to break, and man it makes life easier.
I first rinse the car with one of those cheap $5 multi tip gardening hose adapters, then hook up the foamer. The bitch of the foamer is that to get GOOD thick foam you use a decent amount of soap, so use a cheaper, but quality soap like:

Amazon.com: Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner, 64oz.: Automotive

Next, I use a 5 gallon bucket with:

Grit Guard Wash Bucket Insert : Amazon.com : Automotive

The purpose of the grit guard is so that you can rub the mitt on it to take dirt off as well as trap the dirt at the bottom of the bucket, the design keeps water at the bottom from sloshing around and kicking up the dirt

I use it with:

The Original California Microfiber Wash Mitt - Walmart.com

with:

Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax: Automotive : Walmart.com

Ultimate W&W is THE BEST car cleaning wash I have ever used, And occasionally I'll use it in the gun too

Dry it using first:

Pilot Automotive CC-2010 11" Soft and Dry Water Blade : Amazon.com : Automotive

(Walmart sells them in store for $7)

then I use:

Amazon.com: The Absorber 34900 X-Large Chamois: Automotive

To get the rest of the water off, I like the chamois because there is NO lint at all, and IF it gets completely drenched, you can wring it out quickly and easily

For aftercare, buy a CA duster, if you use it every day, and it only takes 30 seconds, you won't need to wash your car half as much:

The Original California Car Cleaning Duster - Walmart.com

$12-13 in store

And use this wax when the time comes:

Meguiar's Nxt Generation Tech Wax 2.0: Automotive : Walmart.com
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote