View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsu View Post
Temptation slowly fading

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Dont give up on it if you really want to do it. The "value" of a car is really based on how YOU define it. If its about pure joy, then its the value you get from driving it. If its for basic transportation etc etc, then your definition of "Value" might be how long it lasts, or how low the up-keep might be. For me, the Z is not the most practicle car, but I spend about 3 hours a day commutting to/from work. After years of doing this, I've GOT to enjoy what I drive or I just can't do it. So for me, the "Value" is in the joy I receive from the car. Financially, any car other than a super car is the worst investment you will make. At the end of the day, the Z makes me smile when I drive it. Thats the "value" I get for my payment. If the Porsche is that for you, then go for it.
Here is some good advice my dad gave me when it comes to owning a Porsche. "If you have to worry about $, this car isn't for you."
Money doesn't roll down hill in my family, but I would say that its sound advice coming from a guy who bought a RR Phantom to retire in and a new Ferrari to store his golf clubs. (again, $ doens' roll down hill in my family-just FYI) He has owned just about every Porsche at one time or another.
As many times as I've test driven one, I just can't get past the cost of everything for it. Maybe someday I'll get one for Fridays or something. LOL...

Last edited by Coon-azz; 11-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Coon-azz is offline   Reply With Quote