View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Rooster89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: fast
Rooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond reputeRooster89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
As a former camaro owner, I really wanted to love the new camaro. The interior on the concept car looked pretty good, but GD when I actually sat it one, I knew it wasn't the car for me. But I'm not knocking anyone who sacrifices interior for money and speed. Just wasn't my cup o' tea at the time.
As time marches on and the economy marches down, more and more we are looking for the car that has it all. someone here used to say :cheap, reliable, fast.-choose two. But nowadays the new cars we see more a jack of all trades attempt. Performance cars with luxury amenities. At least we have cup holders, radios, and something besides bench seats in our cars these days. And the whole 3 on the column is gone. I always personally hated column mounted manuals. I have worked on the new camaros. Specifically the v8 because racecar. I do agree the interior was its weakest link. I enjoyed the engine and its exhaust note, even stock. Mustang GT premiums have myfordtouch which is the best infotainment offered by americans, except maybe that found in the 300 and charger. Plus heated/cooled cup holders in a muscle car?! damn charger! if only you had a decent transmission.

Bottom line is, with more and more tech sharing between companies and advanced performance tech the choice becomes quite subjective and the biggest difference seem to stylistic, not substancial. Quite a bit like the two party system. The lack of difference in performance makes us amplify and focus on the stylistic differences.

And besides in muscle cars, I'll take a cts-v. or charger. or stang. but dammit, it has to have a v8. 6 cyl are the domain of japanese and german sports cars.
Originally Posted by Shadoquad View Post
Rooster is a lot like Socrates, except with far more b*tches, far less manservants, and a powdery white mustache.
Rooster89 is offline   Reply With Quote