View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
BlackZMamba
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Z @ 321 whp
BlackZMamba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza370z View Post
If you are really hardcore, go FI. GTM twin turbo FTW!

As for the look, drop your car first before you do anything else. A lowered stock car with proper setup(cambers, offset...) looks 10 times better than a pimped out ride with stock height. I had HKS Hipermax III and it's highly recommended. Tein Monoflex is good too.

Here is my take on the mods(in order)

Performence mods:
Bolt-on mods(for small gains)
Intakes(Stillen Gen 3) -> High Flow Cats/Test Pipes(Fast Intentions or Berks or MD) -> Catback Exhaust(Fast Intentions or HKS Hi-Power) -> After all these 3 bolt-on mods you need to correct your A/F ratio so have your car tuned and call it a day(UpRev).

Or screw the bolt-on mods just slap on a turbo kit with all associated mods for big gains.

Cosmetic mods:
Drop(I prefer coilovers. It's actually belongs to performence mods too) -> Wheels(DPE, Volks, Works, SSR...) -> Bodykits(Amuse) -> Headlights/Taillights if you like.

Like somebody else mentioned, do it slowly and don't go cheap on mods coz you will regret it. Good luck and have fun OP!
thanks for the detailed advice. I appreciate it! I think the CAI will be a good start.