View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #30552 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Err...

Do you know any more about what happened?
Not really. The guy was walking on the highway in the pitch dark in a black t-shirt and got nailed. I don't know if he was drunk or suicidal or what. When I approached the exit there was one car stopped in the shoulder with its emergency flashers on, and backing up, and another car stopped in the distance in the median, so I kinda sensed something wasn't right. Then I catch a glimpse of this big lump in the middle of the exit lane and swerved hard and avoided hitting it, thankfully (it would've caught my front fascia and dragged). As I was passing it, it registered in my mind that it was a body. So I stopped, grabbed my flashlight, and well, the pic pretty much shows you what I found. Neither of the two cars stopped was the one that hit it. I subsequently found that the driver who hit the guy had stopped up at the top of the exit ramp. She was completely traumatized. In retrospect, I can't blame her for not stopping right there next to the body. She probably couldn't bear to look at it. Personally, I can't get the images out of my head and wish I could. Not just the images, but the sound. Pieces of his skull had scattered into the main travel lane next to the ramp, and as cars passed by, I could hear them snap and crack as they were being run over.