View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #82 (permalink)
boardkat
Base Member

Drives: '09 GXP Z0K Coupe
boardkat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Yeah, I can second Evolution Driving School. First year I did it I started with the 2-day phase 1 & 2, my times dropped dramatically as a result. It's all about car placement and being as early as possible. This year I did the phase 3, it wasn't as rewarding as it was more about data analysis than driving and the instructors couldn't find anything wrong with my technique. It's not cheap, but it is a good investment if you are serious about the sport.
+1 for evo schools. did ph1 and ph2 this summer; the ph1 was more about seat time than anything for me, but having a previous DS ITR nat champ show me the ropes definitely got me thinking about how i could be doing things differently. ph2 was very beneficial for me, though. the mental course walks coupled with "instructing the instructor" really force you to think ahead all the time, and to be cognizant of what cones are really important.

i'll be doing ph3 next year. i've got the maxqdata quantum/video setup already, so having a day to spend doing analysis should reinforce/open new doors in that aspect.

seat time, seat time, seat time!!!
boardkat is offline   Reply With Quote