View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #138 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Takeda itself has been around for a good amount of time. The parent company Afe power has been around since 1999. I think the issue with these are the engine heat this car creates, and with no heat shields around the filters you are just pumping hot air into the car.

Can Takeda fix the design for a SRI and provide solid gains? Maybe, but it might be best for them to scrape the SRI and rebuild a CAI system.
oh ok AFE...

i see, thanks for the info. yes, i agree that heatshields are needed if you want some gains from SRI. CAI is good, but not sure if i want my Z to sound like a urinal flushing...