View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
I go 7.5K for a synthetic oil. Its my weekend car but when I do drive it on weekends I DO her at least 70 miles or 200 miles on crazy weekend.

You know like you've been away for a long time and go back to see your significant other.... thing!!!

10 to 20 miles is like having a premature E. IMHO
If the oil people see this post they'll come beat you...
And LMAO!!!

To the OP, I kinda understand taking the beater to work if you're parking in a parking garage or whatnot,
But if I were you, I'd go 3750 miles, maybe 6 months whichever comes first, just because I like to have new fluids in my car...

Other thing. A lot of oil people bitch and moan about the next thing I am going to recommend, but try Lucas Synthetic oil stabilizer (Amazon sells a gallon for $31, cheapest I've seen.) it's honestly really thick oil, and if you go to any auto parts store, you'll see why the display won me over
I originally used this in my other car that I'd DD, before the swap I opened the valve cover several times to see if there was any oil left over on the cams after the car was sitting overnight, honestly there was none, it was pretty dry, I assume there was SOME in the berrings. But after switching to Lucas, swapping a quart out for a quart of oil (last car uses 5.25 qts) I noticed that there was a light film of oil in all the parts I could see.
I'd like to say I felt it smooth out the car, but that's just a feeling.

It only takes a few seconds for oil to slosh around the engine, but 10,000 starts with no oil adds up to a decent amount of time
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote