View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #356 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_lee View Post
Here's my badge.
Chrome badge that I plastidipped (just in case I want to go back to chrome)
Colormatched backplate I threw together

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Genius boost, sheer genius! You've inspired me.

To indulge my total OCD instincts, I started thinking about how to make this even better, and this is what I came up with:

I saved the plastic dealer plate that came with my car, and will use that material for my backing plate. I'll then paint it Gun Metallic to match the car. As the ultimate bit of anal over-obsession, I'll cover the backing plate with a piece of Invisishield (clear bra) to protect the paint from chips.

Supplies:

1 - dealer plastic plate = free from dealer

2 - aerosol touch-up paint = automotivetouchup.com

3 - some clear bra = invisiblemask.com

There's even a 10% code off the price of the film "10OFF"

I'll let you guys know how it turns out in a few weeks when I get around to doing this little project.

i
Shameless copy of Boost_lee's great idea:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EVO R Badges 010.jpg (795.7 KB, 41 views)
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 11-13-2012 at 11:04 AM.