View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Zoren 370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Nissan 370 M6
Zoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
But I remember before I changed to K&N, when I changed the oil, it was mostly "newer" looking. It's been on Mobil 1 since day one of ownership, with an OEM air filter. Then switched to K&N, then oil started getting darker every change. Like I said weird.... I didn't experience ANY problems whatsoever, and I did notice more giddyup from the butt dyno. I just found it odd that my oil started getting darker. G was stock other than air filter.
Im not a mechanic but my only explanation about that since you change your filters to K&N you actually increased the airflow therefore an increase in air flow = increase in combustion in the chambers equates to generating more HP and more heat inside the engine causes the oil to burn faster thus its more darker.

More air + right amount of fuel injected = More Combustion= Inc HP = more fuel efficiency.

But nothing wrong with that in fact my mechanic told me it just means your car is running more efficiently when your oil becomes darker in time for your scheduled oil change.

To me it made sense.

Last edited by Zoren 370; 11-11-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Zoren 370 is offline   Reply With Quote