View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're running any sort of synthetic, you can leave it in the engine for well over a year.
The issue I think you'll have with THAT low of mileage is you'll have a LOT of dry starts, meaning you'll start the car, and since you haven't started the car in let's say a week, all your oil will be in the bottom of the pan. And your valves/camshafts will run metal to metal without any lubrication.

On newly installed engines Nissan recommends you forcefully pump one quart of oil into the filling hole, then turn the car on ASAP.

Some of us are psychotic , and crank our car every day regardless of if we drive it that day. At the last place I lived we had valet service and I paid one of the valets to start my car every day while I was on vacation.

Last edited by DEpointfive0; 11-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote