View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Anyways, homedepot 30cent neoprene washer, you can see it under the knob where it connnects to the boot. Its cool because the neoprene is soft and makes it like a cushion between the knob and leather, in real life its so thin you don't notice it, and the knob is pretty flush to the boot.

Didn't even do any work, just placed that all the way down the shifter, then the stock spacer, then screw the knob down and it made it tight enough to control the turtle. My turtle is straight
Gotcha! I see how that would work... I like my way and its done so I'm leaving it... Its so funny the damn knob was only off by like an 1/8th of a turn too so the neoprene washer was a great idea...

Anyway hope this thread offers a couple solutions for people my way is more complex then the neoprene washer suggestion but it offers another alternative